5ος Διαγωνισμός Φωτογραφίας.
FEDERATION INTERNATIONALE DE L’ART PHOTOGRAPHIQUE
The International Federation of Photographic Art
Romain NERO EFIAP/g HonEFIAP
Director of Patronage Service
Member of FIAP DirectorateKayl, <Date of issue>
22 , rue de Tétange
L-3672 KaylDear Resp..,
G.D. de Luxembourg
Hellenic Photographic Society
Dimitrios Paraskevakis PO BOX 72076
16310 - ILIOUPOLI
T. : +352 621 196 738 +352 560 375
Skype : neroromain
In reply to your application, I am pleased to inform you that FIAP Patronage has been granted to:
5 th Salon: Photographic Society of Municipality Maritime Museum Kavala (Branch H.P.S.) – Kavala
under the number
Please note that the catalog of your previous exhibition under FIAP Patronage number ----- has been awarded
To guarantee the proper process of your event, please study
FIAP document 2014/317 about FIAP Patronage regulations
The most important aspects of these regulations are:
- The FIAP Patronage number has to be mentioned on the entry form and in the catalog.
- The FIAP publicity has to be granted a prominent place. Please use the enclosed publicity insert in which the FIAP Patronage number appears at the top.
- The salon regulations must be redacted in at least one of the two official FIAP languages: French or English.
- Together with the medals, 2 honorable mentions (HM) are provided free of charge for each medal along with one special light blue pin per salon. The medals and FIAP honorable mentions have to be awarded to photographs of authors competing in the event and selected by the jury. FIAP awards have to be granted as top awards. Except for the sections of Series, Portfolios and Collections, FIAP medals and HMs have to be granted to individual photographs. The special light blue pin is awarded to the best author for each salon to which a patronage number was attributed.
- Each participant has to receive an individual notification as well as an illustrated catalog. A copy of the catalog has to be sent to the Director of FIAP Patronage Service, the President, the Secretary General and the Director of Ethics Service.
- After the judging of the event, the completed FIAP SALON FILE (whose template is provided on the myfiap.net platform) has to be uploaded on the FIAP platform latest 30 days from the last day of judging. Please note that all applications for FIAP distinctions can only be credited for events for which the FIAP Salon File was already sent in.
- The organizer must answer all letters and e-mails dealing with the event he is organising.
- Please mention the contact details of the salon chairman in the catalog.
- FIAP appeals to the common sense of organisers to use e-mail announcements intended to promote their event in a moderate way. FIAP recommends a total of 6 e-mail sendings per salon or circuit. These e-mail sendings shall include a pre notice, an announcement with the salon regulations, a first, second and third reminder and, finally, the sending of results/report cards after the judging. Already registered participants must be excluded from receiving ongoing reminders. An “unsubscribe” function must be included in every message and endless repetitive messages must be strictly avoided.
- Salon chairmen, persons closely involved in the organisation of the salon and persons in charge of the handling of the salon software are not allowed to participate in the salon, neither as judges, nor as participants.
- The option is given to organisers to hold the Open, Photojournalism, Travel, Series, Portfolios and Themes sections under the special conditions of “Traditional Photo” defined under VI. In this case the letters TRAD have to be added to the sections’ name (e.g. Open (TRAD));
- The following text has to be included in the salon regulations: ”By the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the participant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the participant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the participant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations."
- The members of the jury are not allowed to participate in any section of the event. This applies in the same way to the different salons of a circuit.
Along with this letter you will find the following documents in digital form:
- FIAP publicity sheet to be inserted in the catalogue;
- Official FIAP logo to be used on all salon documents (entry form, regulations, catalogue)
- FIAP document 2014/317about FIAP Patronage regulations
- FIAP INFO 2014/779 with the new definition of Nature Photography List of FIAPs Operational & Individual members
- The official FIAP certificate will be mailed in the next days. The salon appears in the FIAP Salon listings on the
FIAP homepage https://myfiap.net/patronages. Please check it.
- For all correspondance concerning this salon, please specify the FIAP patronage number.
- Please take note that Mr Pierluigi Rizzato was commissioned by the FIAP directorate to investigate all violations of FIAP rules regarding the submission of pictures in salons held under FIAP patronage. He should be given all the assistance that he is requesting in order to uncover irregularities. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Neither online judging nor preselection are allowed.
- In order to complement particular FIAP distinctions and patronage regulations on the matter that Circuits have to be considered as a single salon, the fact is straightened that the judgings and presentations of International Multi Countries Circuits have to be held in the respective countries.
With my best wishes for a successful salon I remain, yours sincerely